Ah, Summer.


It's in full swing. The days are long. The skies are blue. The burgers are grilling. And I'm inside writing a blog post. So, it has been a while since I posted and there are a few things I want to get to. First, comics. I finally started reading Kirkman's The Walking Dead. Jesus, talk about being late to the party. But better late than never, I always say. I'm loving them so far. I got my hands on the first couple of trades and it's nice to be able to plow on through them. Who want's to wait? I'm wondering if I should just pick up the big omnibus that's out there.


Next, movies. I've been on a movie buying kick lately. I read The Road a few years ago and I wanted to check out the movie. It was well done and Viggo Mortensen was great. So was the kid. But as with any movie adaptation, it will never live up to the book. When I read that story, I felt like I was living it. It wasn't the same watching it play out. For the badass in me I picked up one of my all time favorite action movies, The Road Warrior. Man, I've seen it so many times and it just gets crazier every time. The truck chase is one of the best action sequences out there, that's because real trucks, real cars, and real stuntmen are flying all over the screen. And, I mean, who doesn't love this guy:

















Vernon Wells. That's the same dude Arnold fights in Commando. Two Oscar-worthy performances. I mean "NOOOOO!!! WE GO INNN!!!!" is right up there with "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn".

Next is a movie I had been teetering back and forth on and finally bought it. Let the Right One In. This was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It is just messed up beyond belief but powerful at the same time. And for anyone that's seen it, how awesome was that ending? They are remaking it and releasing it this fall. I don't know why. This movie is an instant classic. Seriously. If you have not seen this, you need to.

Finally, (500) Days of Summer. This is probably the most guy accessible romantic comedy I've seen. The two stars, that kid from 3rd Rock and that chick from Elf, are great together. I thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of this film and I'm interested to see how the director takes on Spider-Man. Ah, who the hell cares.

One more thing. I caught wind of this fan film and it blew me away. It's called City of Scars and features everyone's favorite Caped Crusader. You can find it right here. Just click on the poster.




















So, that's about it. Have fun out there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment