You go in the cage....cage goes in the water....


Well, it wouldn't be summer without Jaws. I just had to post Quint, even though it bares no meaning to the rest of this post. Jaws is just the ultimate summer movie in my opinion. Either that or Summer Rental. So, I haven't posted since April, but it's not due to laziness, I can assure you. Busy times. Lots of work on two upcoming titles that I can hopefully share with you soon. Working with an editor has been a great experience. They poses the uncanny ability of making you think you suck while simoltainiously convincing you that you can pull it off. Simply amazing.

So, let's touch on what I have been reading. I had the awesome pleasure of reading the fantastic I Kill Giants by Joe Kelly recently and it instantly took its place as one of my favorite stories of all time, in any medium.

This one puts you through the emotional wringer. You absolutely feel for the main character, Barbara. Everything she's going through, man, you just want to see her come out ok. She's such an angry, troubled kid that you can't help but feel for her. The story is paced perfectly with some outstanding moments, especially the Coveleski reveal. JM Ken Niimura's art fits perfectly with such a raw, kinetic emotion. I couldn't picture it any other way. I love this book and I am trying to get everyone in my family to read it. I hope you do too.

I was pleasantly surprised by Batman and Robin: Reborn. I'm not too familiar with Morrison's work but I have to admit I was turned off by the whole tent pole event of the death of Bruce Wayne and the Batmen across time thing. But I tried this first trade and I'm a big fan. Some crazy stuff in there and I love Morrison's villains. Professor Pyg and Flamingo are bad assess. And I love Damien as Robin. That little kid seems like the spawn of Frank Miller's Batman. Mean as hell and I can't help but smile when he insults Dick Grayson. I'm going to pick up the other trades very soon.
So, that's all I've got for now. Aliens is on right now and I can't miss that. Take it easy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment